(Any Lutheran student or student in a Lutheran school)
Sponsored by the Council of Federation Presidents, Lutherans For Life
- Students will write a life-affirming essay based on the 2017 Conference theme: Hope For Life and 1Peter 3:15 “in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect”
- Examples of topics the essay could deal with are: abortion, the handicapped, infanticide, cloning, stem cell research, physician-assisted suicide or euthanasia.
- Essays should include student’s name, grade (Identify school or church) and email address. All entries submitted by a teacher or pastor should include their name and email address. This information should be submitted on the rubric page used in grading the essay.
- All sources for references, statistics and quotes should be incorporated within the essay and then included in a bibliography at the end.
- Winning state entries (one from Grades 6-8 and one from Grades 9-12) from each State
- Essays should be submitted digitally by May 1, 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Prize for national winning entry at each level: $250 plus free conference registration to the 2017 Regional Conference of their choice and 1 hotel night at a conference hotel.
- All entries become the property of Lutherans For Life.
For questions or resources on the sanctity of life, see: lutheransforlife.org